Christmas Gift Ideas for your Dancer Friends (2020)
Christmas is right around the corner! The celebrations will look very different this year, but what doesn’t have to change is the spirit of Christmas - the gift of giving. With a few weeks to spare, now is the perfect time to get started on your Christmas shopping. Thinking of what to get your family and friends can be the most stressful part of the process, but we can definitely help you shop for the dancers on your list!
Here are our top 5 gift ideas for dancers and where you can find them:
1. Dancewear You can technically dance wearing whatever you want, however, it is a lot more comfortable to move when wearing the appropriate attire. From workout clothes, ballet tights, to streetwear, dancewear varies depending on the genre, but it helps if they are light, sweat-wicking, and allow them to move with no restrictions. If you want to get them something generally laidback, loose, and casual, then loungewear and workout clothes are your best bet! Our locally-made picks: Andi Lounge Set from Andi Activewear (PhP2,400)
Strength shorts from MILLENNX (PhP1,280)
2. Wireless Earphones Every dancer needs a good pair so they can dance to their music without disturbing other people in the household. Choose in-ear headphones that are sweat-proof and stay securely in place no matter how much you move. A pair with a good mic can double as a headset for school. Our pick: Soundpeats Truengine 3 SE True Wireless Earbuds (PHP2,990 at Beyond the Box)
3. Online Dance Class Subscription from Korio Studios The best gift for a dancer is the gift of dance! Get them a gift card from Korio Studios so they can take as many online dance classes as they want, from the safety of home. You can choose get them a 1-month pass or a 3-month pass. Buy a Gift Card from the Korio Studios site (PhP599/1 month or PhP1,790 for 3 months)
4. Massage Pillow It's not uncommon to feel soreness especially if dancers train hard. A massage pillow is just the right size for them to use it on the specific areas that need extra TLC. There are a number of affordable ones you can buy online, but if you're looking for one that will last longer, we like: Ogawa Mobile Shiatsu QT (PhP7,794)
Orion Pillow Massager (PhP1,399)
5. A yoga or exercise mat After all the dancing, it's important to stretch and recover! Get them their own yoga mat so they can stretch more comfortably.
Our pick: TPE Yoga Mat from Toby's (PhP559)